Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Here we go

Through this experience that we call life, I've realized that I like doing one thing the most; and that's listening to music and talking about how it was listening to it. If there's one thing I have an endless opinion about, it's music. Whether it's a new album, live concert, or just what I'm listening too lately, it seems like a productive idea to post some reviews and playlists spotlighting what I've been interested in and what I think about it.

I'll post reviews on both new albums (there's A LOT of good ones coming out this summer) or albums that I've just discovered or find interesting. So... on that note, here's some of the albums and/or songs that I've been frequenting lately:

(The list consists of albums unless otherwise noted)

1. Foo Fighters- Wasting Light (review coming in my next post)
2. The Temper Trap- Conditions
3. Thrice- Beggars
4. Ugly Cassanova- Sharpen Your Teeth
5. +44- When Your Heart Stops Beating
6. Mute Math- Mute Math
7. Neutral Milk Hotel- In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
8. Elliot Smith- Figure 8
9. U2- Greatest Hits
10. Silversun Pickups- Swoon

These have mainly been my "on the way to work" or "on my way home from work" staples that are either to wake me up, ease me into/out of the day; but they're mostly just plain cool albums and songs that I find myself listening too until I go to sleep.

On a closing note, I'm thinking the point of this blog is to get music that should be heard out there. There's so much amazing music that the masses (including myself) don't get to hear, and all I want to do is turn a few people on to some crunchy tunes. If anybody has suggestions, please email me and I'll be happy to listen to it and let you know what I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment